Friday, May 15, 2009

Silverlight 2.0 + IE6 + Compression - BUG!

I have been running into a problem with Silverlight 2.0 when dynamic compression was set on IIS7. I found out that the issue was only with IE6 and not with IE7. After googling for some time I found this article… http://otoole.wordpress.com/2009/03/10/18/

After trying a few things in the article like setting caching off, I decided to call Microsoft and hear what they have to say about all this.

Microsoft replied, and said this is a bug with IE6. What makes things worst is that the bug has no work-around or solution. The only solution will be in Silverlight 3.0, and even that is considered a work-around to the real bug which is in IE6.

At the end, the only way to get our Silverlight app to work with IE6 was to turn compression off, which caused some performance issues…

The issue with Microsoft is still open; I have asked them to validate IE8 and the use of SSL, which has been causing problems too…

No comments: